Friday, January 3, 2014

January House Hoe Out

It all started out with the need to defrost the chest freezer in the basement. The ice was beginning to build up where the door seals. I knew it was only a matter of time before it got even worse. It should have been defrosted when we moved in 18 months ago, but alas, I had other things on my agenda at the time. If nothing else, I am the queen of procrastination.

We have been beautifully on schedule this year for our school days. I'm almost a bit giddy thinking about how many days we've done and how few we have left to complete our required 175 days. We have only taken an occasional long weekend off which led me to think that a two week break at Christmas was not only doable but necessary.

Thus...the House Hoe Out list was born.

The first week we took off was full of an ice storm, minor power outages, and a major holiday. Needless to say nothing was crossed off my list during Christmas week. However, I began to ponder how to move things around a bit, added to and tweaked the list so that I would have a viable game plan come New Year's week.

Oh - the list! Would you like to see it?


Just in case you can't see what it says, this is what I have on it:
  • game closet
  • 2013 files
  • 2013 school papers
  • 2014 school papers
  • Move desktop PC
  • Set up computer table in den
  • weed out books
  • organize school books
  • organize pantry
  • basement - recycling
  • basement - clothes to Goodwill
  • basement - defrost freezer
  • basement - organize totes
  • basement - organize workout area
  • list for sale items
  • put Christmas away
I use a list app on my Kindle that allows me to even cross things off. I love it. I use it for my grocery list and much more. In fact, this is what the above list looks like as of this afternoon:


I only have a few more projects to tackle before we start back to our homeschool on Monday. In the evenings I have been working on school planning. I have one boy done and one more to go! I love getting things hoed out and looking nice. Do you work on any projects like this mid-year?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?