It's been quite some time since I've participated in a Wednesday Hodgepodge. It seems appropriate that I'm jumping back in on the first day of 2014.
- Times Square is the setting for the infamous ball drop signaling a brand new year...when did you last 'drop the ball on something? I'm pretty sure I do this on a daily basis. Lately, I have felt it's been my oldest son's education. He's fast approaching the end of his junior year at home and we are beginning to look at colleges. There is nothing like making a homeschooling mom feel inadequate in my oh so humble opinion.
- What is one thing you resolved to do in 2013 that you actually did? Well...let's just say I am pretty much recycling last year's list of changes for 2013.
- Jack London is quoted as saying "You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." Agree or disagree? Why? I love this saying! In November I wrote my first book as part of the National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). It was awesome, but if I had waited for inspiration to strike me, it would still not be done. There were many nights when I would sit down to write and just stare at my screen. Then I would start to reread a bit of what I wrote and finally just start adding. It's still needs a TON of editing before anyone else can see it, but if I hadn't just written and not waited for inspiration, I'd still be waiting.
- What was the best thing you ate in 2013? I have to go with Canadian French fries. I'm not sure why by they were all really yummy. Actually, pretty much anything I ate while in Canada this summer was excellent!
- Share an anti-resolution...that is, something you plan to keep on doing in the new year. Blogging. I love to write. It's one reason I started my blog. I think I got a bit burned out when I was blogging almost daily so I may not ramp it up to that point at the moment, but I do plan to blog a couple times a week - more than just reviews - in 2014. I have a lot of words to share I think.
- The Pantone color of the year for 2014 is radiant orchid. Like or no like? Would I find this color anywhere in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade to either? First, I want to know who decides such things as a "color of the year." Does everyone know that this is the new shade for 2014? Second, I love it. Purple and all of its darker variants are favorites of mine. Third, I doubt very much my hubby would be open to me adding this color anywhere in our house. However, I'm almost positive I have this color in my wardrobe already. If not, I would be very open to adding it.
- In three words or less sum up your 2013. Wonderfully life changing.
- Insert your own random thought here. I love the new year. I love getting a new calendar and seeing what the new possibilities might be. I'm a bit like one of my favorite literary characters...Anne of Green Gables. "Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it." I can't wait to see the new days ahead.