Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 


1. Are we always responsible for our actions? Are there any exceptions? Absolutely we are responsible. That is one of the biggest things I'm working to teach my children. Nothing gets me more annoyed than people who give every excuse they can think of for why they did something. I'm going to stop before I get up on my soapbox. LOL

2. Has anyone from your home town become famous? Not that I know of.

3. January was National Slow Cooker month. Do you own a slow cooker/crock pot? Did you use it last month? What's a favorite dish you make using a slow cooker or crock pot? Funnily enough, I used it today! I made one of my favorite meals in it, pot roast. Last month I made beef stew.

4. How do you feel about private companies collecting data about you? Resigned. Sadly, I think it's the price we have to pay for all the technology we use. Although, I do my best to hide as much as I can all the same.

5. The Games of the 2014 Winter Olympics kick off with their opening ceremony this coming Friday....will you be watching? Which Winter Olympic event would you most like to see in person? Have you ever been to Russia? Any desire to go, Olympics or otherwise? Let's see...yes, we'll be watching. My boys are very excited since the last time the Olympics were on we did not have network TV. We'll be doing a medal count. I think I'd like to see ice-skating most in person. I've never been to Russia. I'm not sure how much I'd want to see that country. I actually have no desire to ever see the Olympics in person.

6. Share a good or bad sports related memory from your childhood or teen years. Let's go with good. :-) I played basketball in eighth grade and did a "Hail Mary" shot from half court at the buzzer and it went in. That was very cool.

7. What's a must have song for you on a work out play list? If you don't work out, run, swim, bike, walk, or anything else that could be construed as 'exercise', then what's a song that movtivates you to at least get up off the couch? I do Zumba three times a week so I don't pick my play list so I don't have a play list per se. I like any song that has a good beat and makes you want to dance.

8. Insert your own random thought here. I'm finding it hard to believe that January is already over and we've begun February. Life continues to move at a brisk pace. Over half of our family is now taking martial arts at the local dojo. My youngest son started last August. My hubby joined around November and my middle son just began this week. He's still reserving judgement as to how long he'll continue. We've asked him to give us a month as it really wasn't something he asked to do, but my hubby and I felt it would be good for him. He's still pretty sore from the push-ups and sit-ups he had to do on Tuesday. I'm praying the soreness fades fast and he comes to enjoy the classes.

My youngest son just attended his second tournament and he placed fourth in kata (forms). His first tournament medal!



1 comment:

  1. Congrats to your son on his medal. How fun to have a 'last second shot' memory : )

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?