Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. Do you manage your own money or do you have a financial planner who helps in some way? Do those kinds of conversations stress you out? A lot or a little? Both? We had a small business so that is managed by an account, but I take care of our personal finances. I am not a math person so dealing with money completely stresses me out.

2. The second week of October is Pet Peeve Week. Off the top of your head, share TWO of your current pet peeves. People who don't know how to drive (tailgate, cutting off people, rolling through stop signs, etc.). People who are late.

3. What is one thing you'd like to learn right now, this very week if you could? How to speak a foreign language fluently. I have some French but I'd love to be completely fluent in a language.

4. How concerned are you about the recent health related news concerning Ebola? How about Enterovirus D68? At this point, not very. While I have Type 1 diabetes, which makes me more susceptible to illness, overall I'm in excellent health and rarely get sick. My children are very healthy as well and do not have any respiratory issues. While I'm definitely keeping an eye on the situation, I'm not overly concerned at the moment.

5. Garfield, Nemo, or Tigger-your favorite orange cartoon character? I'm going to have to go with Tigger although I do love all three of these characters!


6. I'm going to see Gone Girl with my neighborhood book club this week. So often books made into film are disappointing. What's a book turned film you thought was well done, in that the casting was 'like you pictured' when you read the book, and the film plot remained mostly true to the book plot? That's a tough one as I don't generally like books turned into film. Although, I would say the first Harry Potter movie was well done and I thought they did an excellent job of casting in those movies.

7. What is one story your family always tells about you? Seriously? I'm not sure I'm ready to air that type of thing on my blog. :-)

8. Insert your own random thought here. I absolutely love fall! I just wish it wasn't so close to winter arriving here in the Maine woods!

3 comments:

  1. Fall is my favourite season. It is so colourful. I have started a meme called Memory Monday and would love to have you join in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to visit you today on the Hodgepodge! I would like to see Maine in fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had to put our heat on this week, a definite reminder that after the beauty of fall we will have winter. I am hoping it is not as harsh as the predictors are predicting. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?