Monday, December 8, 2014

Writing Update


No fancy title this go round. Just a confession and an update. At the beginning of November I had committed to not only writing a book as part of National Novel Writing Month, but also to blog every day of November as well. Sadly, I met neither goal this year.

I did about 9,000 words for NaNoWriMo, although I started one book and wrote about 2,500 words and then decided I didn't like the theme. So I started a second book and managed about 6,500 words in that one.

My issue this year with NaNoWriMo is that I didn't make it a priority like I had the previous year. I find that as much as I want to write while I'm at home, it just doesn't happen or at least not in any great quantity. The majority of my words written were when I took my laptop and went to various places and sat and wrote for an hour or so. Last year I did that often. This year I did it twice and it showed in my word count. 

I also realized that I like to write so I'm going to work on making it more of a priority this coming year. I still have last year's book to edit and I kind of like the book I started this year so I'd like to finish that one up and see where it goes. I suppose I'm also looking ahead a bit to try to figure out what I want to do when my kids are grown in gone. I have less than 10 years before my youngest will be heading off to college. Yikes!

NaBloPoMo November 2014

I managed a blog post every day for the first week. I tried to jump back in but quickly fizzled out. I don't know why November felt so busy, December is shaping up to be even busier, but it was enough to keep me off-line more than I would have wanted. Although, I do suppose it was a good thing in the end. 

I have some movie reviews upcoming. I also need to get life posts caught up. My boys just finished a production of A Christmas Carol that was awesome, they are wrapping up swim lessons, and we are trying to navigate college plans for my oldest. Needless to say, lots to talk about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?